A former guesthouse for visiting foreign dignitaries, Nara Hotel stands in a quiet corner of the ancient capital, where time passes at a leisurely pace. The tradition of quality Japanese hospitality remains unchanged.
Nara Hotel was built in 1909 as the state guesthouse in the Kansai region. Visited by numerous prominent guests over the course of its history, the hotel is alive with the memories and stories of times gone by. Located in a quiet corner of Nara Park, it serves as living proof that some things only get better with age.
Nara-shi tourist association
Nara visitors Bureau
From the Airport
- Kansai International Airport --- Limousine bus (One-way: ¥2,000, Approx. 90 min) --- Get off at Nara Hotel Mae bus stop immediately in front of the hotel.
- Kintetsu Kyoto Station --- Kintetsu Line (Approx. 45 min) --- From Kintetsu Nara Station: 15 min on foot or approx. 8 min by bus (Fare: ¥200)
- JR Osaka Station --- JR Line (Approx. 1 hr) --- From JR Nara Station: Approx. 10 min by bus (Fare: ¥200)
(Inside Japan Only)
Weekday / 9:00～22:00
Saturdays, holidays / 9:00～20:00
- Member rewards plans available.
- NO ENROLLMENT FEES OR ANNUAL FEES
- 10 points for every 105 yen
(Equivalent of 5 to 11% saving)
- Simple registration via the Internet
You can check your point balance or request for the use of benefits or rewards.
1096, Takabatake-cho, Nara City 630-8301, Japan